1. What is social data science?
In this module you will be introduced to social data science and be familiarized with both social data science and scientific methods.
2. How do you determine the design elements and data sources of a research project?
In this module you will learn how to determine the main parameters of a research project including boundaries, scale and time resolution of your research, what big data is, how it differs to traditional data collection and what consent refers to.
3. What methods can we use in social data science?
In this module you will become familiarized with the toolset of socail data science, covering both quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods.
4. What can be learnt from your research?
In this module you will learn to develop research questions and hypotheses, be familiarized with validity, reproducibility, replicability and generalisability.
5. What is ethical social data science?
In this module you will be familiarized with the main ethical challenges in social data science and how to cope with them.